The easiest way to ensure that the products you are buying are certified organic is to look for the logo of a certifying body.
Australian certification bodies
The following Australian bodies are accredited by AQIS, the Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service.
Each of these bodies provides information about organic certification anfd their organic standards.
- Australian Certified Organic
- National Association Sustainable Agriculture Australia
- Biological Farmers of Australia
- Organic Food Chain
- Organic Growers of Australia
- Tasmanian Organic-Dynamic Producers
- Bio-Dynamic Research Institute
International certification bodies
ORGANIC Ltd, a not for profit organisation, promoting organic and sustainable agriculture in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland and the United Kingdom provides a listing of organic certifying bodies throughout the world.